For your and your family’s safety, we continue to carefully monitor the rapid developments of the COVID-19 pandemic. In accordance with federal, state, and regional mandates as well as national professional society requirements, we have instituted the following policies which must be adhered to, or you will be rescheduled:
- Every New Patient – must complete new patient paperwork for either the Texas Offices or the Florida Offices at least two days before your appointment directly through our patient portals. To access your portal, you will need to call us (Texas 713-795-0705 or Florida 850-473-0990) for a password, or to reset your password if you have one that you’ve forgotten. If you would prefer to fill these forms out by hand, you may download the two COVID-19 forms and fax or e-mail them (Texas or Florida) back to us.
- Every Patient (new or returning) must
- Complete a COVID-19 awareness consent form for each office visit, and this may be emailed to us, faxed to us, or even brought in with you at the time of your visit.
- Complete a COVID-19 risk assessment form no earlier than two days before EVERY visit and e-mail or fax it to us BEFORE your visit. If you are unable to do this, please call us, and we’ll be happy to review the information with you over the phone before each visit.
- Wear a face mask (purchased or homemade).
- Come alone. Accompanying drivers must wait in their car or be called for pickup. Exceptions can be made for minors or those unable to ambulate or think/decide for themselves, but permission must be obtained by phone in advance. Video/phone conferencing using a patient’s smartphone is permitted for friends/family who may wish to participate.
- Bring own reading material. No shared materials will be available.
We understand that many people may be anxious about visiting our office at this time. Whether you are a new or existing patient, video and phone visits are currently covered by insurers and may be appropriate, depending upon your situation. Please call us to check for Teleconference appointment availability. All teleconference visits are more productive if you can e-mail us photographs in advance. You may find our standardized photograph instructions helpful.
Plastic Eye Surgery Associates, PLLC